2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Tool Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How frequently are the statistics updated, for the Keyword Tool results?

I am tracking a set of keywords for a client, that range from 2,000 to 40,000 monthly global searches (and tracking the corresponding USA / Canada counts).  I've rarely seen any changes to those statistics, over a period of almost one year.  So knowing how often the statistics get updated would shed a lot of light on the matter for me.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author thorshammer
September 2015

Re: Keyword Tool Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay - here's the answer:

"Statistics are generally updated in the Keyword Tool pretty regularly, roughly on a monthly basis."
- that from Adwords-Support (very prompt response to my email). Thank you Google.

** Mind you, they couldn't really explain why my client (targeting Canada only) was getting TWICE as many impressions monthly as the Keyword Tool reported for TOTAL CANADIAN searches monthly on that keyword... (COULD be total dominance of a niche keyword; could be a glitch... Smiley Surprised)

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi thorshammer,

I am not sure how often the stats are updated.. If you want to get a sense on the traffic you could use Google Insights and Google Trends. This will help you gauge the approximate traffic you could expect in a partiular region.

Cheers,

Shweta

PS: Love ur Username!! Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks ShroffS, but that's not it.

I seriously need to know how often stats are updated by Google. ANYONE know? 

(And I appreciate the thought in suggesting alternatives, but PLEASE address that question only.)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello thorshammer,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

As far as the Keyword Tool statistics are concerned, Google officially states about the data what it is written in this article. Rest, the algorithm, the way of statistical measurement about all these values, which you get must be confidential for the respective Adwors Engineering Department. It is a way of guiding all the Search Engine Marketers how they should target keywords and what are the searching trends. That's my point of view.

Shweta is bang on target pointing about Google Insight for Search, which particularly present data based on regional trends. You can also refer to  this for details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Always keep this in mind: "use it as an indicator not as a definite"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay so, I removed the "Solved" status on this post - it's not, and @pankaj kindly don't be so presumptuous.  I appreciate your response but those are just standard answers.

Here's the thing: I realize Google does not like to precisely quantify things like this, especially officially. (And I was aware of that page you linked, @pankaj1782). But there are many, many people who study and research Google and often answers are gleaned "unofficially" and THAT is what I'm casting for.

Example: Google doesn't comment officially about CTR rates and averages, but a known Google rep. went online about a year ago to informally suggest in a blog about CTR's that around 2% is a decent average.

And I KNOW these things are indicators, not definitives. 

I ask again (and hopefully people still read this post after the false "solved):

Does anyone know "unofficially" approximately how often Adwords Keyword Tools statistics get updated?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author thorshammer
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay - here's the answer:

"Statistics are generally updated in the Keyword Tool pretty regularly, roughly on a monthly basis."
- that from Adwords-Support (very prompt response to my email). Thank you Google.

** Mind you, they couldn't really explain why my client (targeting Canada only) was getting TWICE as many impressions monthly as the Keyword Tool reported for TOTAL CANADIAN searches monthly on that keyword... (COULD be total dominance of a niche keyword; could be a glitch... Smiley Surprised)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks for updating this thread with the correct information! Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Very Welcome.

And a word to those eager to help:
Feel free, but PLEASE remember to do so when you really know something. Generalizations don't usually help, and can steer away further attention from members who CAN help.