Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Suggestion Tool

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I have a doubt when I choose new Keywords for my campaigns which is using Target CPA as a bidding strategy, how do I choose my Target CPA based on the First Page Estimate Bid which is suggested in the tool.

Suppose for a particular keyword, the bid suggested is  Rs 150, how much should I give as my Target CPA , so that the keyword is placed in the first page.

Thanks,

Rajashree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Re: Keyword Suggestion Tool

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rajashree,

See how CPA actually works https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en-GB

"AdWords sets bids to achieve an average CPA equal to your target across all ad groups and campaigns using this strategy. Some conversions may cost more than your target and some may cost less, but altogether AdWords will try to keep your cost per conversion equal to the target CPA that you set. For example, if you choose a target CPA of £10, AdWords will automatically adjust your bids to try to get you as many conversions at £10 on average. To help improve your performance in ad auctions, this strategy adjusts bids using real-time details like device, browser, location and time of day. "

If you are using CPA then you should not be concerned with first page bid. Google Adwords will automatically adjust your bid to provide you more conversions.

Cheers,
Nouman

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Re: Keyword Suggestion Tool

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rajashree,

See how CPA actually works https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en-GB

"AdWords sets bids to achieve an average CPA equal to your target across all ad groups and campaigns using this strategy. Some conversions may cost more than your target and some may cost less, but altogether AdWords will try to keep your cost per conversion equal to the target CPA that you set. For example, if you choose a target CPA of £10, AdWords will automatically adjust your bids to try to get you as many conversions at £10 on average. To help improve your performance in ad auctions, this strategy adjusts bids using real-time details like device, browser, location and time of day. "

If you are using CPA then you should not be concerned with first page bid. Google Adwords will automatically adjust your bid to provide you more conversions.

Cheers,
Nouman