Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Status 'Low Search Volume'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

In various adgroups I have keywords whose status shows 'low search volume'. Usually that status is on phrase and exact match keywords. I normally add modified broad, phrase and exact match to relevenat keywords but if I get that status message on the phrase and exact match keywords should I pause those keywords. Also those keywords get 0 traffic except for the modified broad.

Thanks

Terry

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I would keep them. If you have 6 impressions and 2 click its a CTR of 30%....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thanks for the reply. What you are saying would be good if my keywords had any impressions but over the last 3 months there have been no traffic to those keywords at all so should I still keep them?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry R
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Simple answer: yes. I would

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks for the confident reply. I'll keep the keywords then.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Terry R,

In my opinion, if those keywords haven't had a single impression during that amount of time, it's very unlikely they'll get any sort of traffic in the next 3 months. I encounter keywords like that in my campaigns, and I usually go back to 6 months or beginning of a year, and I just remove them and their negatives. If, for whatever reason, those keywords "pop back" into your Search Term Report, you can add them again. Anyway, that's my opinion, and there might be others out there shaking their heads right now reading this ha ha.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the late reply here. This would of been my first thought as well.. to remove any keyword that have no impressions over the last 3 months. I mean, why bother having them if they're not doing anything for you so just clean up the clutter. However I have heard arguments on the other side as to keep them. @MosheTLV I'm interested in why you feel I should keep those keywords.

Thanks

Terry

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

My experience, those search terms suddenly "pop up out of the blue", with low impressions and a few clicks - which lead to a high CTR

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So far, I haven't seen any of my removed keywords return, which is why I keep removing them if they have no traffic whatsoever for a long period of time. But anyway, if they do I can always re-add them and check their performance...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Daniel V

Google trends can give some indication  which one might be searched