Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword/ Search Term Clean Up- 1 click, 1 impression, 0 conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What do you guys suggest that I do to those actual keywords that has 1 impression, 1 click but 0 conversion. I have a lot--if you add them, retrieving data for a 3-month duration, they can sum up to a 1,000+. This adds up to my total costs and cost per conversion.

Is there a way to actually prevent this from happening?

What should I do about those search term?

Thank you.

Practical Pinay

Re: Keyword/ Search Term Clean Up- 1 click, 1 impression, 0 conversion

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I think we need a bit more information to be able to give you a good answer.

Are you running on broad, phrase, exact or modified broad match?

Are you using negatives?

Are you looking at keyword data or search query data?

When using anything other than exact match you'll always get keywords that bring in these kind of stats.

What if the 2nd click of one of those keywords converted? 50% is a pretty good conversion rate...

I'll say a few things now before knowing more...

If you are restricted by budget think about tightening the match types. If you can run on all exacts and still spend it might be worth trying this for a while.

Create a new campaign for your exact match terms so you can control the budget and have a separate phrase and broad campaign for picking up on additional keywords to add to your exact match campaign.

Add all of your exact match keywords into your broad/phrase campaign as exact negatives, this will prevent the keywords in both campaigns competing against each other.

Re: Keyword/ Search Term Clean Up- 1 click, 1 impression, 0 conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for replying. I find your inputs very practical- made me wonder why I did not think of that myself. Will try out your recommendation asap.

Please see below for my replies:

I think we need a bit more information to be able to give you a good answer.

Are you running on broad, phrase, exact or modified broad match? > <PracticalPinay> 70% on broad, 20% on phrase, 10% exact

Are you using negatives? <PracticalPinay> yes.

Are you looking at keyword data or search query data?<PracticalPinay> Search Query Data since most of my keywords are set on broad

When using anything other than exact match you'll always get keywords that bring in these kind of stats.

What if the 2nd click of one of those keywords converted? 50% is a pretty good conversion rate... <PracticalPinay> You are right.

I'll say a few things now before knowing more...

If you are restricted by budget think about tightening the match types. If you can run on all exacts and still spend it might be worth trying this for a while. <PracticalPinay> How long is a while? 1 month, 2 months?

Create a new campaign for your exact match terms so you can control the budget and have a separate phrase and broad campaign for picking up on additional keywords to add to your exact match campaign. <PracticalPinay> Ok.

Add all of your exact match keywords into your broad/phrase campaign as exact negatives, this will prevent the keywords in both campaigns competing against each other.