star_border

Keyword Quality Score

sv
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
sv
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello adwords community

We recently set up a new account for a client and are blown away by the horrible quality scores of pretty much all the keywords. We have a keyword that appears 4 times on the customers Landing Page- is in the adcopy and still, the keyword only has a quality score of 3/10...can anyone help us out? is there something we are doing wrong or anything else we can do to increase the quality score?

Thanks Again

sv

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi SV,

Initial QS for new campaigns and keywords are just benchmarks.  Until enough impressions are registered, the initial QS are not very accurate to the account.

There have been many lengthy discussions here on QS.  Here are a couple of good threads for you:

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce

Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

Also, please search at the top of the community here, you will find many other threads with similar questions and lots of well thought out responses and ideas for you.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Keyword Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In additional great insights by Tom, i would like to add that QS is not only given on the basis of relevancy between keywords and landing page. There are many different factors.

When you mouse over to speech bubble next to keyword status you will see info as below:

Quality score Learn more
3/10 
  • Expected clickthrough rate: Below average
  • Ad relevance: Below average
  • Landing page experience:Average

From this info, you will have some more insights on QS for your keywords.

Please go through Qualty Score article in help center to learn about more factors that plays an important role in calculating QS for each keyword.

As Tom Said: Search community for threads on QS.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’