AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Quality Score suddenly drops from 5-6 to 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a US Based account, But its quality score suddenly drops down for all my main keywords showing low ctr, low ad relevancy and low landing page experience. But some other keyword in the same camp or ad group are ok

Quality suddenly drops from 5-6 to 1 after 3 to 4 days whats the issue pls help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Quality Score suddenly drops from 5-6 to 1

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil, welcome to the Community.

Quality Scores can change rapidly for new Keywords as initial scores tend to be based upon the performance of other advertisers; once your Keywords have gathered their "own" data within your Account, the Quality Score becomes based upon that performance instead, which can mean the scores increase or, in your case, decrease.

The solution to the problem is already described in what you've seen.  It sounds like you have poor CTR, probably poor relevance between your Keywords, Ad copy and/or landing page and possibly some issues with the landing page itself.

You may find it useful to read through the notes provided in the following links then come back to us with some specific information about your Account statistics.

Check and understand Quality Score

Improving Ad quality

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil, welcome to the Community.

Quality Scores can change rapidly for new Keywords as initial scores tend to be based upon the performance of other advertisers; once your Keywords have gathered their "own" data within your Account, the Quality Score becomes based upon that performance instead, which can mean the scores increase or, in your case, decrease.

The solution to the problem is already described in what you've seen.  It sounds like you have poor CTR, probably poor relevance between your Keywords, Ad copy and/or landing page and possibly some issues with the landing page itself.

You may find it useful to read through the notes provided in the following links then come back to us with some specific information about your Account statistics.

Check and understand Quality Score

Improving Ad quality

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But some of my keywords have a CTR of 3 to 5 % but still its quality score is 1-2...
i am using same account from last year it never shoes quality score of less than 3, all its happening from this month

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Did it happen around the end of July or early August? They have recently changed the way that they display the quality score. See article below.

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/07/improving-quality-score-reporting.html