2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword : Low Search Volume

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since the Low Search Volume keywords does not bring any traffic, should they be paused or deleted.

I had read a few articles that said that if they are paused, they do not enter the auction & does not affect Q.S of the account. But in a few other places its the opposite, the suggestions are to delete the keywords.Now i am in a dilemma.

Thanks in advance for the help

Arun

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword : Low Search Volume

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Deleting or pausing them will not the affect the quality score of the account as they are not a part of the auction anyway.

Quality score is calculated every time your active keywords match a search term as component of the ad rank .

You could leave them as If the number of search queries for these keywords increases even a small amount, they'll be reactivated and will start triggering your ads to show again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
that will be helpful only if the kw is getting any traction but since its a low search vol kw.. the no of search queries is very less mostly zero impression.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arun R
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
It's up to you Smiley Happy The key is that they will not affect the quality score of your account anyway.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

If you get a few clicks I would keep them.  2 clicks out of  10 impressions is a CTR of 20%.... Smiley Surprised

However; if no clicks, just a few impressions - remove them.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will more traffic to my advertising