4.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Insertion and Plural of Words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I use Keyword Insertion like this ( ex. {KeyWordSmiley Tongueroduct} ) will AdWords  use plural of my word as well - ex. Products?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Insertion and Plural of Words

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vane V,

In short, no it will not. DKI will insert the keyword in your ad group that it matched to, not the users search query. So while the user might search for 'products' unless you have 'products' in your ad group which triggers that search then it will not insert 'products' into your ad.

read more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

Hope this helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Vane,

DKI inserts the keyword that triggered the ad and not the actual search term.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Vane,

Totally agree with Clynton on this. Since DKI inserts your keyword that trigger your ad and not the search query, you will not see plurals of your targeted keywords in the ad copy unless you have specifically added 'plurals' of your keywords as keywords and that is the keyword that triggers the ad copy.

Do give the link a read, it should help you out.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok guys, thanks for your answers.

Another thing that gets me thinking is this. If my keyword is broad match type, will search queries that include the plural form of my Keyword ( ex. new kitchen Products ) trigger my Ad Copy that has Product defined as keyword for DKI (if I haven't got another DKI Ad Copy with the plural form) ?