AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Insertion Issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i have created keyword insertion text ad for my ad group. The ad is is following:

But it's heading is showing static. We i search for health insurance online, health insurance uk, private health insurance and many more phrase it is showing static headline as health insurance not dynamically. I don't know why it is. I need your suggestion. So, plz help me.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Insertion Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello akjha;

Please be aware that, If your keyword is too long and would cause the ad text to exceed its character limit, the ad's default text will be used instead.

Your keywords are probably longer than the 25 character limit .

Read more:

Using keyword insertion;

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

TLVMoshe is correct.

Your keywords might be too long.

The other possibility is that the search queries are matching a keyword that is not really the closest.

This may happen if your keywords are broad match.

Eg. if the keywords are:

"Insurance online"

"Insurance online in uk"

and the search query is "insurance online in uk" , theres still no guarantee that it will match the second one(although in theory it should).

It might match the first one, due to high quality score, history, and maybe even just plain old inefficiency

What you should do is use exact match keywords as much as possible to avoid this.

Put the broad matched keywords in a separate campaign and add the exact match as negatives for that.

Please try it out and let me know if it worked.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Akjha,

MosheTLV and Mktgboltell provided some good advice there. This article also explains some potential reasons why keywords aren't showing in the approved keyword insertion ad. In addition to this, please note that the keywords have to have a high quality score in order to be eligible to be inserted into the ad. If they have a low quality score, they will rarely be inserted. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello akjha;

Please be aware that, If your keyword is too long and would cause the ad text to exceed its character limit, the ad's default text will be used instead.

Your keywords are probably longer than the 25 character limit .

Read more:

Using keyword insertion;

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My keyword is less then 25 character. See the following

1. health insurance online

2. health insurance uk

3. private health insurance and many more.............

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

TLVMoshe is correct.

Your keywords might be too long.

The other possibility is that the search queries are matching a keyword that is not really the closest.

This may happen if your keywords are broad match.

Eg. if the keywords are:

"Insurance online"

"Insurance online in uk"

and the search query is "insurance online in uk" , theres still no guarantee that it will match the second one(although in theory it should).

It might match the first one, due to high quality score, history, and maybe even just plain old inefficiency

What you should do is use exact match keywords as much as possible to avoid this.

Put the broad matched keywords in a separate campaign and add the exact match as negatives for that.

Please try it out and let me know if it worked.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Akjha,

MosheTLV and Mktgboltell provided some good advice there. This article also explains some potential reasons why keywords aren't showing in the approved keyword insertion ad. In addition to this, please note that the keywords have to have a high quality score in order to be eligible to be inserted into the ad. If they have a low quality score, they will rarely be inserted. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel