Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Competing With each Other

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Suppose we have many ad groups. In one adgroup( 1 yearold ) we have used "Red Shoes". in another ad gourp ( recently made ) we used [rRes shoes manufacturers].

Now google is saying your keyword is showing , because it is competing with other keyword .i.e : "Red shoes"

why is it so ??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Competing With each Other

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

What is the search term that you typed in the Ad Preview, was it Servo Voltage Stabilizer Manufacturers , in order to match the new exact match keyword ?

Does the other keyword "servo voltage stabilizer" have a higher QS or MaxCPC resulting in a higher Ad rank ? If so an exception may occur which is described in here : link

(scroll to Multiple keywords within multiple ad groups are similar to the search term and expand option 4 Use the keyword that has the highest Ad Rank)

My guess is that the new keyword received a low QS like 5/10 and the old keyword since it has clicks received for 1 year it probably has a higher QS otherwise you wouldn't have kept it in the account.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Dear Adrian

I have not typed any keyword in adprview, but the check box on servo voltage stabilizer manufacturers, tells that servo voltage stabilizer in another ad group will be shown.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, after you go to the Status box of that keyword servo voltage stabilizer manufacturers

click on the "Ad preview and Diagnosis" at the bottom of the Status message. Then select the location where this search term should appear and type servo voltage stabilizer manufacturers in the text box , then click the Preview blue button.

There should be a more detailed explanation in the Ad Preview Tool as to what keyword is triggering the search term and why. If more keywords are eligible to trigger it you should see a blue text like See 2 more keywords bellow the "Showing ads right now?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello;

Assuming that you bid higher on the "exact match" keyword  the keyword with the higher ad-rank will be shown; If you bid the same on all match types  -  the more restricted match type will win.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’