AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

{KeyWord:is cheaper}?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords people,

if I have {KeyWord:is cheaper}? in my first line:

• where I see how it was shown to people
  • can u give me an example if I have 1st line {KeyWord:is cheaper}? and KW: men running shoes.

Dont worry about grammar, its only an example Smiley Happy

-Thanks

- Lukas
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: {KeyWord:is cheaper}?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Lukas,

I think you are a bit confused about how DKI works, the section that you have after the : is what your ad will default too if it can not fit the search query.

so in your example if you have {KeyWord: is cheaper}

and some one searches for: Blue Mens running shoes im california

your headline will read: "Is Cheaper"

Learn all about DKI here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) 

You can test the effects of DKI in the ad preview tool

2) If the search term matches a keyword from the ad group where you have 1 ad text with DKI, the keyword will be inserted where you have the parantheses so your ad headline can become a strange line like 

search term : running shoes

your keyword : men running shoes 

your headline : Men Running Shoes?

This is because you used the instruction KeyWord which makes every word in the keyword to have an initial capital letter when inserted.

3) If the inserted keyword would be too long for the headline the default text will be used instead making your headline look like this Is cheaper ?

4) Regarding "your ad will default too if it can not fit the search query." , probably Clynton M wanted to write "if it can not fit the keyword" , because it is the keyword that gets inserted in the Ad text not the search term "Blue Mens running shoes im california"

Good luck

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can look in the Ad tab with the button Segment>>"Keyword/Placement to see for that DKI text ad what keywords triggered the Ad . You can only assume that if the keywords were short enough they were also inserted where you wanted them to be, but there is no report for the actual DKI variations that got clicks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Lukas,

I think you are a bit confused about how DKI works, the section that you have after the : is what your ad will default too if it can not fit the search query.

so in your example if you have {KeyWord: is cheaper}

and some one searches for: Blue Mens running shoes im california

your headline will read: "Is Cheaper"

Learn all about DKI here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

hope this helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Great Clynton Smiley Happy

where I can see what combination was most clicked / shown / ...

Thanks
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) 

You can test the effects of DKI in the ad preview tool

2) If the search term matches a keyword from the ad group where you have 1 ad text with DKI, the keyword will be inserted where you have the parantheses so your ad headline can become a strange line like 

search term : running shoes

your keyword : men running shoes 

your headline : Men Running Shoes?

This is because you used the instruction KeyWord which makes every word in the keyword to have an initial capital letter when inserted.

3) If the inserted keyword would be too long for the headline the default text will be used instead making your headline look like this Is cheaper ?

4) Regarding "your ad will default too if it can not fit the search query." , probably Clynton M wanted to write "if it can not fit the keyword" , because it is the keyword that gets inserted in the Ad text not the search term "Blue Mens running shoes im california"

Good luck

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can look in the Ad tab with the button Segment>>"Keyword/Placement to see for that DKI text ad what keywords triggered the Ad . You can only assume that if the keywords were short enough they were also inserted where you wanted them to be, but there is no report for the actual DKI variations that got clicks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Lukas,

Adrian has given you a nice answer there. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Its sad that I can NOT see ads variations which are snown to people and see its result.
- Lukas

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Lukas,

The stats remain the same, so if your keyword that triggers the ad is able to be inserted where you have DKI then it will always be inserted.

So if your KW is "Mens Shoes" and this is eligible to replace {KeyWord:xxx} then it will always replace keyword:xxxx.

So that known, all you need to identify is which key terms you have in your ad group that are not eligible for placement in your ad and then you know how each one performs.

Does this make sense?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes it makes sense Smiley Wink
- Lukas