Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Key For Successful Campaign-Negative Keywords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Adding the right negatives in your campaign can be so much effective that it can change the overall ROI of the campaign. When you setup the campaign give sometime to keyword tool and keyword suggestions and you will find lot of keywords which you don’t want but are in there, this certainly means that there are users "related" to your industry who you don’t want. So the best way to eliminate the traffic is to select those keywords and add them as negatives.

For example-your business is life insurance, now you certainly don’t want car insurance clicks on your campaign, so "car" will be your negative here. Additionally you can add all the relevant keyword such as "motorcycle" "pet" "general" etc.

In addition if you don’t want the general traffic for a specific term but on a specific term you want the same traffic, you can also do that. for example you don’t want users for the search term abc life insurance, but you want users who are looking for "abc life insurance quotes" so your negative here will be [abc life insurance] on exact match.

In last don’t forget to go on your keyword tab>>keyword detail>>search terms>>all, this will show you the exact queries by which customer click your add, you can select your negatives from there as well.

By doing these little tweaks you will find that you have eliminated the lot of wasted clicks while saving cost and increase ROI.

Thanks,

Tabish

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Key For Successful Campaign-Negative Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tabish,

Thanks for the infomational post & reminding us how important is negative keywords for success of any adwords account. I wrote one article few time back on Negative Keywords & would like to share it again here

Negative-Keywords-As-Important-as-Positive-Keywords

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for your post, tabish.
Zee
G+