AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Javascript to automate Adwords Managment

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

For a client of mine that receives a lot of traffic I need to use Javascript to automate some stuff.

One of the most tedious is the url exclusions. I always do it manually but it takes a lot of time, so my question is, is there a way to automate this exclusions with javascript?

Just to remind you all that under "Bulk operations - Scripts" Adwords allows the use of javascript to automate some tasks.

Cheers

MM

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manuel_Moreira
September 2015

Re: Javascript to automate Adwords Managment

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

At this points adwords scripts dont really have access to placements so it really cant help you there. You can manage this through adwords API i am sure. You can try posting for the same here, but its quite complicated that adwords scripts.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Do you manage the account in the interface/website?

If so, you should try downloading and using the AdWords Editor. You can quickly and easily export into a .csv make changes and bulk upload either by copying and pasting.

After downloading it and having a click around, if you have any questions, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you.

Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi MM, and welcome to the forum.  I'm a little confused by your post as my answer would be to look at Scripts - but you've included a "reminder" about the existence of these in your post!

Have you tried to use Scripts and found them not useful?

As Ryan has said, the Editor is also a good way to operate on large volumes of pretty much anything in AdWords.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ryan thanks for the tip. I do use the Adwords editor, but never for that kind of stuff. I'll have a look.

Cobnut, the idea is to use Javascript on Adwords (like I do for other stuff like filtering bad performing keywords) and have it:

*  select bad performing url placements (let's say 1 click wonders with 100% CTR and 0% conv rate)

*  save those urls to a spreadsheet

*  send me and email with a warning form me to have a look on those urls

The last 2 things I know how to do within the Adwords Javascripting platform, but I can't figure out a way to do the first one.

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manuel_Moreira
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

At this points adwords scripts dont really have access to placements so it really cant help you there. You can manage this through adwords API i am sure. You can try posting for the same here, but its quite complicated that adwords scripts.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok theniks, you are right, apparently there is no way to access url automatic placements with Javascript.

Hope to see that being implemented in the future.

Thanks for all the help anyway guys.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello.

The fastest semi-automated workflow I could find, without using the API, was the following:

- download an analytics report containing Placement Domains or Placement URLs

- open it in Excel

- filtering using certain criteria (over X clicks and bounce rate very high)

- going through the rest of the list and marking placements to be excluded in a separate column and then filtering by that column

- excluding the URLs I found using the criteria above by either entering them in the AdWords Editor or the online interface

Of course, having scripts that would do that based on certain criteria would be great, as they could run periodically and do their job. However, at the moment, the only way to achieve that is via the API and by paying a certain amount.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Just reading at reply from AdWiser, I just realized you can use analytics magic script to automate this a great deal.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik