AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Japanese Language - no spaces (issues with BMM?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm eager to know if it's feasible to use BMM in Japan for japanese terms given that spaces are not used in a European sense to separate words? Has anyone had issues/insights with Japan?

Dunstan

Re: Japanese Language - no spaces (issues with BMM?)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @DunstantoughMEC

Welcome to the community!

The great news is Japanese has been supported since July 19, 2010, along with Chinese & Thai..

I think your question is more about a grammar issue - There is no space indeed in Japanese, Chinese or Korean but the logic is they still have every part of a full sentence in every language, like subject, object, adjectives or predicates.

Let me show you an example: When people search red leather shoes, it would be +red +leather +shoes in English. While in Japanese, it's +赤い +革 +靴. That means the same thing respectively as English so it simply works the similar way.

For your case to target Japan, personally I would suggest a people who is expertised in Japanese will help a lot because most of the time it's not about language but cultural diversities.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Japanese Language - no spaces (issues with BMM?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jason! Amazing help!