1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is this a well structured campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

We are about to launch a wedding campaign for our microsite. Here is how I plan to structure the campaign.

Total of 18 Campaigns:

1 Branding

17 Service Specific [10 less popular, 7 more popular services]

Budget Allocation Ratio:

Less Popular Vs. More Popular

40:60

Each campaign will have two keywords only

1.short tail generic (wedding photographer)

2.service specific + location (wedding photographer manila)

Goal: Branding

Is this a well structured campaign?

Please provide your feedback. Thank you for your cooperation.

More Power,
Loraine
2 Expert replyverified_user
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is this a well structured campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello LoraineQuiaoit,

It looks good to me, but I believe that the keywords list which you tend to target looks very limited.

My suggestion would be to use the keyword tool, Google Insights for search ( regional specific trends) and make the best use of your advertising budgets.

Additionally, I would strongly encourage you to create a separate Google Display Network Campaign because your ultimate goal is Branding as you mentioned and for that Google's Display Network could be the real profitable for you.

Also, I would advice you to go through this excellent article about structuring your Adwords account and Campaigns.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi LoraineQuiaoit,

In above post Pankaj explained you very well. In addition of him I would like you to visit below link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46074

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello LoraineQuiaoit,

In addition to above Great Advice. Your campaign structure looks nice but I would never separate my campaigns down to services until unless my Geo targeting is different. OR Services includes long list of sub categories.

In this situation, I would keep three campaigns:

1) Branding (One adgroup for brands keywords)
2) Popular Services (In this I would keep adgroups for 7 popular services)
3) Less Popular Services (In this I would keep adgroups for 10 popular services)

Nice Adgroups Structure with focused adgroups (keywords + adcopies). And Proper usage of Negative Keywords.

Then I would expand on keywords as Pankaj & Anchal pointed out.

Just a thought! It may contradict with Other advertiser's thoughts!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Loraine

Hope you are doing well.

As far as the account and campaign structure is concerned I don't have much doubts about the layout which you have mentioned.

The element which you would want to focus apart from the structure is "relevancy" between the ads in each ad group,keywords and the landing page associated on an ad group or keyword level.

Its cool if you want to go ahead with only 2 keywords per campaign at the start but I am sure you can add different match types for those keywords. In my view, sighting the limited keywords you want to advertise on, modified broad match and exact match types would do wonderful for your campaigns.

These match types would trigger your ads for the most relevant searches and thus would bring more control than just using "broad match". As you incurr clicks the search term data for your ad groups will keep accumulating and would provide you even more valuable information as to which other keywords you can add and bid on but thats only if you wish toSmiley Happy

Best of luck.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Also, I would recommend building mobile specific and perhaps tablet specific campaigns.

You can then use the ad extensions differently, as well as use a mobile specific page, which could get a better "quality score".

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello LoraineQuiaoit,

It looks good to me, but I believe that the keywords list which you tend to target looks very limited.

My suggestion would be to use the keyword tool, Google Insights for search ( regional specific trends) and make the best use of your advertising budgets.

Additionally, I would strongly encourage you to create a separate Google Display Network Campaign because your ultimate goal is Branding as you mentioned and for that Google's Display Network could be the real profitable for you.

Also, I would advice you to go through this excellent article about structuring your Adwords account and Campaigns.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi LoraineQuiaoit,

In above post Pankaj explained you very well. In addition of him I would like you to visit below link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46074

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello LoraineQuiaoit,

In addition to above Great Advice. Your campaign structure looks nice but I would never separate my campaigns down to services until unless my Geo targeting is different. OR Services includes long list of sub categories.

In this situation, I would keep three campaigns:

1) Branding (One adgroup for brands keywords)
2) Popular Services (In this I would keep adgroups for 7 popular services)
3) Less Popular Services (In this I would keep adgroups for 10 popular services)

Nice Adgroups Structure with focused adgroups (keywords + adcopies). And Proper usage of Negative Keywords.

Then I would expand on keywords as Pankaj & Anchal pointed out.

Just a thought! It may contradict with Other advertiser's thoughts!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Loraine

Hope you are doing well.

As far as the account and campaign structure is concerned I don't have much doubts about the layout which you have mentioned.

The element which you would want to focus apart from the structure is "relevancy" between the ads in each ad group,keywords and the landing page associated on an ad group or keyword level.

Its cool if you want to go ahead with only 2 keywords per campaign at the start but I am sure you can add different match types for those keywords. In my view, sighting the limited keywords you want to advertise on, modified broad match and exact match types would do wonderful for your campaigns.

These match types would trigger your ads for the most relevant searches and thus would bring more control than just using "broad match". As you incurr clicks the search term data for your ad groups will keep accumulating and would provide you even more valuable information as to which other keywords you can add and bid on but thats only if you wish toSmiley Happy

Best of luck.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Also, I would recommend building mobile specific and perhaps tablet specific campaigns.

You can then use the ad extensions differently, as well as use a mobile specific page, which could get a better "quality score".

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Adwords in the Philippines has lesser competition compared to Singapore & Malaysia (where 11 spots on the first page are occupied most of the time). Majority of the advertisers here are handled by enrolled agencies in Google Engage or by SEO Company who eventually ventured to PPC.

Moving Forward, When we launch our PPC Campaign in Google, our Goal is :

( Targeted Text Ads + Engaging Banner Ads + Highly Relevant Keywords + Competitive Controlled Bid Limit ) - (Generic Text Ads - Unattractive Banner Ads - Irrelevant Keywords - Duplicate Keywords - Irrelevant Placements - No Bid Limit  ) = More Clicks = Cheaper Cost Per Click = Higher ROI

Thank you for sharing your expertise. This is an addictive community (on a positive sense) , where learning is beyond the basics...contribution is paramount...and once again Thank You!

More Power,
Loraine