AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is this Max. CPC suggestion an AdWords bug?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have a lot of bids that end in .01 across a lot of accounts and I have noticed a pattern. In almost every account, AdWords suggests raising some of the bids that ends in .01 to end in .10, but not the large majority of them. I have attached an image. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.58.17 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is this Max. CPC suggestion an AdWords bug?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Christopher_H,

The estimated first page bid is based on the history of users who have advertised for that keyword or similar keywords. It isn't exact and bidding more than this recommendation will not guarantee a top of the page position, nor does bidding less mean it isn't possible to rank first on the search results. I have not heard anything in particular to the suffix in cents tending be .10 vs. .01 for example.

Let me know if that helps.

Nick

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Christopher,

I am guessing the bid is currently $99.01 because that was the previous minimum?

It is common for Google to give lots of keywords in one account the same new minimum at the same time.

All you are seeing, across accounts, are new minimums for keywords that Google has somehow lumped together.

In the last week I have raised lots of keywords, across many accounts, to $AU2.65.

Something I tend to do is raise bid to the minimum, then raise them by an extra 5%. That can save me from attending to several rounds of little increases.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

I focus on lead-generation for big expenses and I like to always appear #1 for keywords that perform well, so I usually ignore AdWords suggested bids and rank as high as possible so long as I see a good return. I have never used the suggestions, but I can't help but notice that the .10 appears often. I am usually even in 1st or 1.1 Average Position, so I am not sure why it is saying I do not have a first page bid. Even if the bid is $56.01 it would recommend $56.10.