AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there such a modifier like this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Was just curious if there is such a modifier like the one below:

"+keyword +keyword" 

or just "keyword keyword" and +keyword +keyword?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Weslee T
September 2015

Re: Is there such a modifier like this

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Weslee,

Welcome to adwords community Smiley Happy

You can go through it for better clarity - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Thanks,
Kaushik

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Weslee,

I have never mixed match types as you described. BMM only works when it is used with broad match keyword by adding +sign. I think if you mix bmm with phrase match, it works as phrase match keyword and ignores the +signs. You need to check search query for these particular keywords to get idea on how this works.

I would strongly suggest not to mix match types.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This is a BMM keyword under phrase match, which isn't valid. For this keyword to show ads, a user has to search with + in the search term which is unlikely.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Weslee,

Welcome to adwords community Smiley Happy

You can go through it for better clarity - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Thanks,
Kaushik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I asked because it does bring in impressions, clicks and conversions so I was wondering if is even a legit modifier.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I talked to Google and they said that it would work only if the person searching would add a + before their keyword so chances would be slim so best to just stick with "keyword" or +keyword. Just wanted to clarify because I saw someone use it and wanted to know if it was even a real modifier.

Thanks guys!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Weslee,

I have never mixed match types as you described. BMM only works when it is used with broad match keyword by adding +sign. I think if you mix bmm with phrase match, it works as phrase match keyword and ignores the +signs. You need to check search query for these particular keywords to get idea on how this works.

I would strongly suggest not to mix match types.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your response. That is exactly the same thing that Google just told me so thanks much!