Guide Me
star_border

Is there such a modifier like this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Was just curious if there is such a modifier like the one below:

"+keyword +keyword" 

or just "keyword keyword" and +keyword +keyword?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Weslee T
September 2015

Re: Is there such a modifier like this

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Weslee,

Welcome to adwords community Smiley Happy

You can go through it for better clarity - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Thanks,
Kaushik

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Weslee,

I have never mixed match types as you described. BMM only works when it is used with broad match keyword by adding +sign. I think if you mix bmm with phrase match, it works as phrase match keyword and ignores the +signs. You need to check search query for these particular keywords to get idea on how this works.

I would strongly suggest not to mix match types.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This is a BMM keyword under phrase match, which isn't valid. For this keyword to show ads, a user has to search with + in the search term which is unlikely.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Weslee,

Welcome to adwords community Smiley Happy

You can go through it for better clarity - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Thanks,
Kaushik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I asked because it does bring in impressions, clicks and conversions so I was wondering if is even a legit modifier.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I talked to Google and they said that it would work only if the person searching would add a + before their keyword so chances would be slim so best to just stick with "keyword" or +keyword. Just wanted to clarify because I saw someone use it and wanted to know if it was even a real modifier.

Thanks guys!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Weslee,

I have never mixed match types as you described. BMM only works when it is used with broad match keyword by adding +sign. I think if you mix bmm with phrase match, it works as phrase match keyword and ignores the +signs. You need to check search query for these particular keywords to get idea on how this works.

I would strongly suggest not to mix match types.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your response. That is exactly the same thing that Google just told me so thanks much!