2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any true way to target smartphones only w/ Enhanced campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep getting the same answer from Adwords support that is not working as they advise "If you want to show mainly on mobile, however, you can set a low default bid (Desktop bid) and a Mobile Device bid adjustment increase"

However, this advise is not working and 99% of impresions are still  coming from computers not smartphones.  Does anybody have any real working solutions or suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there any true way to target smartphones only w/ Enhanced campa

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 5toolservices,

I'm assuming you are using an enhanced campaign as you are talking about mobile bid adjustments.

Currently the only way I know how to achieve what you want, is to revert back to a legacy campaign and then edit the settings to target only mobiles.

All campaigns are going to be upgraded to enhanced campaigns by the middle of the year so this is likely only a temporary fix for you.

I hope this helps you for now.

Re: Is there any true way to target smartphones only w/ Enhanced campa

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi 5toolservices, are you doing all you can in terms of other aspects of the Campaign(s)?

Could your Keywords be improved to increase the percentage of mobile triggers over desktops?  What about your Ads, do you have a good selection of Ads in each Group, with only one set not to have a mobile preference?  (It's very important that you don't set them all to mobile preference, this will have the effect of showing all ads to Desktops).  Is your Mobile bid +300%?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits