AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there an easy way to see what your competitors are bidding?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is there an easy way to see what your competitors are bidding?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Simon.

The answer is no, there isn't.

But we've got auction insights https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en to show us how we're doing.

And if we see a competitor placed higher and we take into account our QS & position we can somewhat approximate.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Simon.

The answer is no, there isn't.

But we've got auction insights https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en to show us how we're doing.

And if we see a competitor placed higher and we take into account our QS & position we can somewhat approximate.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
My problem is that I am selling retail chemicals. I am finding that I am rating in the top two, amazon is always ranked #1.

I cannot see how I could afford to rank #1 as the mark up on the product isn't worth me paying more than 30p per click for.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Then there's only one way to do it. Make sure you get your keyword's QS up to 10 by working on keyword selection, match type and ad copy. When you're there, check out if Amazon is still #1 for the CPC you can afford. If they still are, then you simply cannot beat them. Normally though they're using automation & DKI, so by writing a more targeted ad + using extensions you can knock them off their perch in a few days.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have tried increasing my QS on one product in my campaign and I don't seem to be able to ramp it up. I am receiving mostly QS 6, 7 and 8.

I am having trouble with boosting landing page QS, I am selling a product, with the same text in the copy as in the ad, including keywords in <H> and in copy descriptions, stuck on how to improve really. I feel that my landing pages are optimized too.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Ad copy & keyword matching. Switch to exact match only until you get it working to your liking. What are your QS components (ad relevance, expected CTR, landing page)? If landing page is average and expected CTR is below average and/or ad relevance is below average, that's where you need to focus.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
None of my keywords are below average. If I change from phrase match to exact match the cost of my ad goes sky high, too high in fact for me to even get a first page bid, (around £1.50pc) I would need a 100% conversion to make a 1% profit, haha.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Ok, that means you need to analyze your search terms and pick new keywords from there, exact match, and adjust your ads for them. Ideally, your keyword should be exactly what your potential buyers are searching for.

If exact match is too expensive but you're getting clicks for phrase / broad, that means people are searching for something else, albeit related to your keyword and then click your ad.

Please run a search term report and see what it reveals.