AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to turn off an ad on Page 2 or Page 3 etc. etc. etc.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed today that I often see the same ad on multiple pages of the Search Results.  

Specifically, if I search "Plumber, Seattle, WA" there are 10+ pages of results.  When I scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Page 2 of the SERP - I see several of the same ad's that I saw on the first page.  Same with Page 3 and so on.  

Now that "position preference" no longer exists, Is there a way for me to tell adwords to NOT show my ad repeatedly?  If it appears on Page 1 - then don't show it on deeper pages?  

Thanks in advance for your help.  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to turn off an ad on Page 2 or Page 3 etc. etc. etc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Muskrat,

You can try flexible bidding strategy, "Target search page location". You can set this type of strategy to campaign, adgroup and keyword. Read more here
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Is there a way to turn off an ad on Page 2 or Page 3 etc. etc. etc

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Since ads are ranked based on their ad- rank, but not all ads are eligible for top positions, and Google limits only "one show" of  an ad on the "other" positions (i.e side and bottom slots) - you end up with a  weird algorithm "how ads are cycled through the first and second page".

If you wish to learn the details read this;

How do ads cycle through the search result pages?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’