AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to turn off an ad on Page 2 or Page 3 etc. etc. etc.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed today that I often see the same ad on multiple pages of the Search Results.  

Specifically, if I search "Plumber, Seattle, WA" there are 10+ pages of results.  When I scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Page 2 of the SERP - I see several of the same ad's that I saw on the first page.  Same with Page 3 and so on.  

Now that "position preference" no longer exists, Is there a way for me to tell adwords to NOT show my ad repeatedly?  If it appears on Page 1 - then don't show it on deeper pages?  

Thanks in advance for your help.  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to turn off an ad on Page 2 or Page 3 etc. etc. etc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Muskrat,

You can try flexible bidding strategy, "Target search page location". You can set this type of strategy to campaign, adgroup and keyword. Read more here
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Is there a way to turn off an ad on Page 2 or Page 3 etc. etc. etc

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Since ads are ranked based on their ad- rank, but not all ads are eligible for top positions, and Google limits only "one show" of  an ad on the "other" positions (i.e side and bottom slots) - you end up with a  weird algorithm "how ads are cycled through the first and second page".

If you wish to learn the details read this;

How do ads cycle through the search result pages?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’