AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to target certain professionals with your ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an art therapy program I will be promoting.  Is there a way that I can target counselors and psychologists as well as art therapist for this program?  I am very unexperienced at this but hopefully will be able to carry out any suggestions you might offer. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to target certain professionals with your ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@ mimicounselor,

This is how I'd start,

1. Keyword Research (you know your industry best, if YOU were a client, counselor, psychologist, or therapist, what keywords would YOU type in to search to find 'art therapy' 'art therapy + location' 'art therapy classes + in + location' etc..) (tips: start small, make sure kws has enough search volume)

2. Competition Analysis (find out who, what, where your competition is doing well) and try to replicate 

3. Use adwords for "Brand Exposure" at early stages.

What it means?

e.g 

Mimi Art Therapy

Mimi Art Therapy School

Mimi Art Therapy Program

Goal: Increase local brand exposure quickly.

Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Google Adword offer advance targeting option. Depending upon your requirement you can target specific audience.

You can target people by their

Language

Interest

What they are searching for.

There are many advance option there which you can use to customize as per your campaign. In your case, you can target those poeple in Google search if they are looking for related services or program. You need to search help forum for more relevant articles.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi mimicounselor and welcome to the forum.

While Adwords does have some tools for targeting specific groups, I doubt they'll be precise enough for your needs.  What you're trying to do is really no different from a plumber trying to show his ads to people who need plumbing services - it's all about choosing the right keywords or websites.

In your case I'd be inclined to lean towards using the Display network to show your ads on specific websites associated with your profession.  In this way you already know the visitors there (who will see your ads) are at least interested in the subject and it will probably get you more focused results than trying to use keywords (which may well attract a lot of "casual interest" type searches).

If you'd like some more info on using the DIsplay network, please do come back to us.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@ mimicounselor,

This is how I'd start,

1. Keyword Research (you know your industry best, if YOU were a client, counselor, psychologist, or therapist, what keywords would YOU type in to search to find 'art therapy' 'art therapy + location' 'art therapy classes + in + location' etc..) (tips: start small, make sure kws has enough search volume)

2. Competition Analysis (find out who, what, where your competition is doing well) and try to replicate 

3. Use adwords for "Brand Exposure" at early stages.

What it means?

e.g 

Mimi Art Therapy

Mimi Art Therapy School

Mimi Art Therapy Program

Goal: Increase local brand exposure quickly.

Hope this helps a bit!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello mimicounselor;

As Cobnut indicted, Indeed demographic targeting is not (yet ) the strongest side of Adwords

Your best two targeting methods:

Audiences: to target  users that  Google has knowledge about their interests (and they approved  Google - under privacy Policy  - to use it)

Topics:  similar but different: these are webpage (vs. Users in audiences)  that include  content on specific topics/ subjects   that users are likely  to  have an interest in

-Moshe. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, still new at this, where will I find the parrameters to target "audiance" please

thank you

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again nwraight;

Please read the following help article:

Reach people similar to your existing audiences

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’