AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to look at the historical quality scores for a keyword?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Wondering if there is a way to see how a QS has developed over a time period... anyone know if this is possible?

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author stickleback
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to look at the historical quality scores for a keyw

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

At the middle of the article there are also instructions on how to add the data to a Google spreadsheet

2.  Add It To A Spreadsheet

An easy way to get the historical perspective is to add the Quality Score and the date to a spreadsheet every day.

var date = new Date(); var spreadsheetUrl = "Insert Your Google Spreadsheet URL Here And Make Sure Your AdWords Login Has Edit Privileges For This Spreadsheet"; var qualityScoreSheet = SpreadsheetApp.openByUrl(spreadsheetUrl).getActiveSheet(); qualityScoreSheet.appendRow([date, accountQualityScore]);

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I saw an advertiser having an Excel spreadsheet to follow....Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author stickleback
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

At the middle of the article there are also instructions on how to add the data to a Google spreadsheet

2.  Add It To A Spreadsheet

An easy way to get the historical perspective is to add the Quality Score and the date to a spreadsheet every day.

var date = new Date(); var spreadsheetUrl = "Insert Your Google Spreadsheet URL Here And Make Sure Your AdWords Login Has Edit Privileges For This Spreadsheet"; var qualityScoreSheet = SpreadsheetApp.openByUrl(spreadsheetUrl).getActiveSheet(); qualityScoreSheet.appendRow([date, accountQualityScore]);

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Steve,

If you haven't been keeping track, as suggested by Adrian B, there is no way to recover past QS. Keep in mind, QS shown in the interface is calculated each and every time you look at your keywords. That is the QS at that particular moment in time and can change at any time. Changing the date range does not change the QS to what it was during the selected time period.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks for all the replies....

The reason for my asking is that I've been working on a client's account for a while with steady results. But this month the results have simply been off the scale.... to date in June we've done over 4x the previous monthly averages.

A great problem to have, but one which I'm trying to understand... I'm hoping it's not just a freak few days!

Have set up the QS reporting into a spreadsheet - better late than never Smiley Frustrated

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Steve, just a word of caution with the script to store QS - make sure you think about / experiment with different time periods.  I think the reference from Adrian uses LAST_30_DAYS which, in my opinion, is probably too long a period to be useful for most Accounts as it will effectively miss any variations in performance during a monthly cycle.  I prefer to use LAST_7 and in some cases I use more than one script (simply copy and paste) each one recording a different time period for data.  For example, if you just choose "YESTERDAY" you could track daily variations.

As Pete has said, Quality Score itself doesn't change with the time period, so if you look at the interface the QS for any given Keyword will be the same for 30 days, 7 days or yesterday, but this script calculates a relative QS, based upon impression share which, of course, does change over time so I think it's a good idea to look at variations.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Good point, Jon....

...and interesting that I came across this on a tweet today - http://www.optmyzr.com/info/quality_score_tracker

Would be cool to have, but seems a little pricey...