AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a correlation between the drop in CTR and the launch of Search Partners?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A few weeks ago, our company administer the hack to launch search partners.

During that time, we noticed that the CTR dropped significantly causing a loss in conversions.  This is mind boggling considering that we did not change anything on the site, bids were not changed, and impression levels were higher than prior weeks.

Any ideas on the cause?

Re: Is there a correlation between the drop in CTR and the launch of Search Partners?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you burning out of budget? What's probably happening is that search partners is lower quality traffic that is taking budget away from your higher converting Google Search volume.

Unfortunately, Adwords doesn't allow you to bid on search partners by themselves. If you want to still bid on search partners, my recommendation is to turn off search partners in your current account and create a second campaign that targets search and search partners together, but lower the bids by 25-50%. On Google Search, Google will probably take your higher bids in the old campaign.

CTR probably won't affect quality score / CPC's, as Google knows to differentiate between search and search partners. Search partners typically has a lower CTR.

Re: Is there a correlation between the drop in CTR and the launch of Search Partners?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We did take the step that you mention here by creating a duplicate campaign, leaving the first campaign on with only Google Search running, reducing the bids on the second campaign and letting the two run in tandem.

Here are the aggregate changes post SP breakout:

- Impressions +29%

- Clicks +1%

- CTR -39%

- Conversions -14%

- Cost +7%

- CPA +18%

- Conversion -15%

I'm stumped.