AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to boost ads in the Search Partners sites?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. 

Analyzing the performance of my ad groups under a campaign, and segmenting it by " Network (with search partners)", I've seen that a few of my ad groups have a higher CTR in Search Partners than in the Google Search itself. 

Is there a way to boost those ad groups to show on the Search Partners more often? 

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maleja Z
September 2016

Re: Is it possible to boost ads in the Search Partners sites?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Maleja,

Great question. Diving into statistics like Search Partner performance is smart, so kudos on the strategy.

Google does not offer any way to boost your ads in Search Partners. The only option Google gives is to turn the feature on or off. You can't adjust bids, exclude specific Search Partners, or do anything else specific to Search Partners. The only way to affect how your ads show in Search Partners is to change settings that also affect your ads on Google.com, such as raising your overall bids.

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John.
Thanks so much for your answer.
That'd be a good feature to implement.
Kind regards.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Maleja Z,

Yes, there is a way to bid differently on Search Partners, but there's no way to target specific search partners, and it really only works if you want to bid lower than on Google. In general, Search Partners perform far lower than Google search results pages.

Take a look at the CPC and position of your ad in Search Partners. CPC should be less than on Google pages, but might not be. If your average CPC on search partners is close to that on Google, and your ad position is at the top of the page, raising your bid won't help much. If your ad position is low, you might raise your bid a bit.

And, last, examine the ad groups that perform better on Search Partners. Make sure the number of impressions and clicks are significant. I'd recommend against making decisions based on a small sample. Also, check the conversion rates on those clicks. Search Partner clicks tend to convert at a lower rate as well.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete! Thanks so much for your answer. Very useful. Actually, the conversion rates were good on the Search Partners. However, I'll better improve the campaigns looking forward to approaching better performance and conversions there. Kind regards.