AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is it ok to capitalize the 1st letter of any keyword that appears in description?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have written a description for my ad and it happens to have a keyword embedded in it. I was thinking that if I capitalize the first letter of that keyword it will make it more conspicuous. For that matter if I were to bold the entire word it would be even more conspicuous. But what I don't know is whether the Adwords algorithms will reward me or punish me. Does anybody know the answer?

Christopher

2 Expert replyverified_user

Is it ok to capitalize the 1st letter of any keyword that appears in description?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Christopher,

It used to be that advertisers would capitalise every word in their ad. This is changing, and now you see a variety of styles. 

You will not be punished for capitalising the first letter of any words in your ads. 

To find what works best for you, try one ad with capitalisation, and one without.

If the search query keywords appear in bold in an ad, that is up to Google - advertisers have no control over that.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Christopher L,

We prefer to always capitalize every word in the text ads = They Just Look More Professional To Us. 

Do not capitalize any whole word as it will get disapproved and bring your account credibility score down.  

Please use this info to learn about writing successful ads.

Please use this info to learn about editorial guidelines.

Kind Regards,

James