AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is it a bad thing that Google hasn't indexed my website in 2 months? Does indexing equal impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did the site command for my website, and I realized that since October there hasn't been any indexing of my site by Google. But I'm not sure what that means... Does that mean Google hasn't served my website in any keyword searches since October? Or what?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it a bad thing that Google hasn't indexed my website in 2 months? Does indexing equal impress

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bach, Google's index of your site has no direct effect upon Adwords performance and having no index will not affect the serving of Ads in the Search network.  However, if there is no indexing of your site, it may indicate a problem with the site itself that could be affecting the performance of Adwords (plus, of course, you won't be getting any organic visitors).

You say "since October": Does this mean the site was indexed in the past and now isn't, or that it has only been up and running since October?

Have you opened a Webmaster Tools for the site?  Have you submitted a sitemap?

If you let us know the URL of your site we may be able to offer some suggestions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Is it a bad thing that Google hasn't indexed my website in 2 months? Does indexing equal impress

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bach,

I'm not sure what yoy mean by "I did the site command for my website". But this seems to be a question about organic rank an listing, a bit off topic for this forum.

Webmaster Tools is  really what you're looking for. If you have an account, it will tell you the last time GoogleBot crawled your site, how many pages of your site are indexed, and a bunch of other useful information.

Meantime, I will tell you this much. Your site does not fall off the index simply because GoogleBot hasn't crawled your site since October. You can use the Ad Preview tool to see where you are organically as well as to see if your ad is displaying. Or, you can do a live search for your keywords. That's a little more risky. When Google shows your organic listing, they keep track of both clicks and non-clicks. If your listing shows often with few or no clicks, Google will conclude it is not "relevant". That will lower your organic rank.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords