AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is it a GOOD IDEA to Select Auto Biding?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget"
   IS it a good idea at the begaining,is anyone using it in India?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it a GOOD IDEA to Select Auto Biding?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
 If you are newbie to Adwords - I would say: yes.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You,Moshe
Can give me any specefic reason supporting "Your Point"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sourav G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My preferred (as most advertisers) bidding  methods manual bidding. However, this requires some experience with the system, in adjusting the bidding. Most new advertisers would prefer the system to do it, until they gain some experience.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank YOU

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
With Automatic bidding you will come to know your Actual CTR after few days. Later on you can manually submit bids for each keywords.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

After a short experiment I would say: not a good idea!

I changed for a short time some campaigns from manual to automatic bidding. Here is what happened:

ssss.GIF

I was expecting that the costs will increase. But what surprised me, is that the dramatically increasing costs were in no relation to the conversions.

In simple words: as a customer of AdWords I want max conversions for minimum price.  To achieve this “automatic bidding” is definitively the wrong tool. If I wouldn’t know how to reduce the costs by manually bidding, I would need to stop Adwords immediately because it’s not covering costs anymore.

So I would say: don’t even start with “automatic bidding”. First you need to learn it anyway and I think it’s easier with new ads then already running ones. Second you could be shocked by the costs it will produce and you maybe stop Adwords before you discovered it full potential.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Automated bidding can be effective if you're able to fully understand the realisitc goals for groups of campaigns. For example, some high funnel level keywords may convert less often and may be more expensive to acquire compared to others. Tailoring your automated bidding at the micro level with realisitc goals for accomplishing can be a huge benefit if there is minimal time to manually change bids.