AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is it Possible to get 100,000 visitors with $10K in a week?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's the deal.  We've been handed 10K to get 100,000 visitors to a website within 7 days.  We want the visitors to come from about 11 different US states.   Other than that, we really aren't trying to convert anyone or target any specific audience in those states, we just need the visitors.  Does anyone think this is possible via Adwords Search & Display or anything else?  

It seems like we'd need about 10 cents per click to get that kind of volume with the budget...what would you guys suggest?  Is it even worth a try?

Thank you for your feedback. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is it Possible to get 100,000 visitors with $10K in a week?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi darwinificatin,

I don't really like the sound of this. It is possible to get clicks for $0.10 and getting 100,000 in a week wouldn't be a problem but what is the aim of getting the traffic to the site?

Without clear goals for the traffic you are probably wasting the budget. Surely the client that gave you the budget has some outline of what they want to achieve, no?

I'd be able to send you 100,000 for $0.05 each and I'll keep the other $5K ;-)

Can you give us a bit more information on how we can help? Type of website you are promoting etc.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

In general, I would use the display network just to generate awarness of a product/service.

Use more generic keyword(which may cost you a higher amount/click but will gve you a more of a reach which means more eyeballs.

using long tail keywords that are product specific for exmaple, 'buy nokia cellphone with touchscreen' or a model specific query.. 'buy model-number accuator' etc... this will give you a very specific target audience, but highly qualified traffic Smiley Happy

Since you just want eyeballs, I would also suggest targeting brand & competitor terms.

You could also try allied themes.. for example, if you were a hotel terying to get reservations... Your allied themes would be people trying to buy flight tickets into the place where your hotel is located.

Also...I am not too sure of what your statement ' The site is in the realm of politics' meant....>> If you mean it deals with political parties then heres a policy that you must read: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1310914&topic=1310883&ctx=topic

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi darwinificatin,

I don't really like the sound of this. It is possible to get clicks for $0.10 and getting 100,000 in a week wouldn't be a problem but what is the aim of getting the traffic to the site?

Without clear goals for the traffic you are probably wasting the budget. Surely the client that gave you the budget has some outline of what they want to achieve, no?

I'd be able to send you 100,000 for $0.05 each and I'll keep the other $5K ;-)

Can you give us a bit more information on how we can help? Type of website you are promoting etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz thanks for getting back to me.  It's a bit of a strange situation where the firm that gave us money just wants to see eyeballs in the stats for now, and they really don't care who it is as long as they are from those specific states primarily.  The site is in the realm of politics.  They aren't trying to convert anyone or sell anything for now.

Would you mind giving any tips on how you would get 5-10 cent clicks at that volume?

Thank you

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

In general, I would use the display network just to generate awarness of a product/service.

Use more generic keyword(which may cost you a higher amount/click but will gve you a more of a reach which means more eyeballs.

using long tail keywords that are product specific for exmaple, 'buy nokia cellphone with touchscreen' or a model specific query.. 'buy model-number accuator' etc... this will give you a very specific target audience, but highly qualified traffic Smiley Happy

Since you just want eyeballs, I would also suggest targeting brand & competitor terms.

You could also try allied themes.. for example, if you were a hotel terying to get reservations... Your allied themes would be people trying to buy flight tickets into the place where your hotel is located.

Also...I am not too sure of what your statement ' The site is in the realm of politics' meant....>> If you mean it deals with political parties then heres a policy that you must read: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1310914&topic=1310883&ctx=topic

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

There are some really good ideas here! Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.

If you're trying to generate a lot of traffic, bidding aggresively and selecting relavant keywords that are fairly broad (as has already been suggested) is likely to help drive traffic to your site.

You can also use Google Analytics to analyse the traffic to your site and gain more insight about where the visitors in your site are coming from and how they interact with your site (and you can sign up here: http://www.google.com/analytics). 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I would as the others also recommend that you use the Display Network.

I would launch a Display Campaign focused on a wide as possible subject within your nice. One thing is just creating a display campaign, but if you use an ad like "the newest political initiative", then your visitors might be hard to get.

Think of something that's within your realm of possibilities and that's still a bit interesting.

I would also start extremely broad "buzz" campaigns. Just keep in mind that if you intend to use the domain for AdWords some other time, then you will deal with the consequences as the Account Quality Score will take a big hit after the irrelevant clicks. If the domain name is intended for search campaigns, then I would stay away from the buzz AdWords campaigns.

A buzz AdWords campaign is a campaign where you use keywords from buzzing trends. Right now olympics are extremely buzzing and new, so that might be an area. Just remember to steer clear of the obvious Olympic ads - Everybody else will be doing it, and that doesn't serve your CPC needs.

If you succeed please update us! Good luck..

Kind regards,
Andrew