AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is it Possible to Show Ad on Maps But Not In Search Results?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Situation where business has a couple offices in the two major cities in an area but services customers via phone/online/in-home in smaller suburban cities.

This business wants their ads to appear for searches within Google Maps but does not want their address to show in their text ads in Google Search Engine results (both desktop and mobile).

The reason is customers, despite ad wording, may not read the entire ad and see that the address listed in the ad is to far from them, thinking they will have to travel to that address.  

Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jeff C

You cannot serve ads only on Google Maps as it is considered a search partner.  The only way to serve ads there is to create a search campaign that includes search partners. This means that your ads will appear on Google.com, and ALL of the search partners in the network.

You can turn off the address by editing your business listing.  There is an option to select that "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location."  This will allow you to set your service area, and the physical address of the business will not be displayed.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Usually ads on maps are shown if a user search for a business near the  user location;

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3246303?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’