AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is enhanced keyword feature a good idea?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ive been using enhanced CPC but cant really tell clearly if its making a difference or just increasing cost of advertising.  Anyone have any insight on how to evaluate or if its a good idea to use? Appreciate any tips! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Philip L
September 2015

Re: Is enhanced keyword feature a good idea?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I' d agree to that, Philip!

External factors do control conversions and hence it becomes hard to gauge the effectiveness of eCPC. However, that's the only way to check if it's working. eCPC should maintain or increase conversions and ensure there isn't a drop. I'd consider a period with steady performance (unlike holiday, new year or Christmas season) to analyze this data.
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Philip,

I'd look at conversions to gauge the effectiveness of eCPC in a campaign. I'd say it is working well if there's an increasing trend in number of conversions. If the number is just maintained, it is good. It is bad if there's a fall. That being said, it is also important to give it a good two weeks to let it work. What does the conversion data look like?

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Its really hard to tell the conversion effectiveness because Im not sure if its also casue of the marketing text changes Ive made recently or due to holidays recently spiking sales or the price of oil dropping etc... seems virtually impossible to tell if its effective wouldnt you agree?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Philip L
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I' d agree to that, Philip!

External factors do control conversions and hence it becomes hard to gauge the effectiveness of eCPC. However, that's the only way to check if it's working. eCPC should maintain or increase conversions and ensure there isn't a drop. I'd consider a period with steady performance (unlike holiday, new year or Christmas season) to analyze this data.
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thats a good idea, thanks for your advice!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Glad I could help Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Philip,
Good question, and unfortunately the answer, as with most good questions in adwords is: It depends !
I've tried two matrics i.e CPA & ECPC & Find which is better? Here i'm giving you both matrics analysis that i have done:

First CPA:
CPA bidding has more control over your account, takes a lot of the micromanaging out of the equation for you.
The more data you have the better it can perform. It is, however, susceptible to things like seasonality.
It is also not a fire and forget bidding method, you do still need to check up on it from time to time,
and avoid just adding new Keywords left right and centre as these will have little to no data for adwrods to work with.

Second ECPC:
ECPC, on the other hand adjusts your bid by up to 30% in competitive auctions. ECPC gives you more control over the
campaign.So the fundamental difference is that ECPC works of of your CPC which you are able to control.
Conversion optimiser works off of a target or max CPA that you set, allowing it free reign with your CPC.

Personally I use conversion optimiser more often than not, as the micro managing can consume a lot of time.
But if you have the time nothing is stopping you from testing out ECPC and seeing if that works out better for you.

Thanks,
Jitender