1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Is It possible to control budget for specific adgroup?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If my daily budget is $100 and here have 5 campaign.I have seen adgroup no.3 consumed most of the budget every day, for that reason rest of the four adgroups are not getting much more impressions. 

How could I control the budget?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Avijit P if you want to control spend, the easiest way is to use Campaigns, split the Ad groups out into as many Campaigns as necessary to give you the control you want.  Good use of Shared Libraries and the AdWords Editor will minimise the work involved.

You could use a Script to control the spend of an Ad Group within a Campaign, but only by pausing/enabling it and it's really better to give a Group its own budget to use as appropriate.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Jon_Gritton Thank you for your reply.

Could you help me how to use the script?

Re: Is It possible to control budget for specific adgroup?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Avijit P as I said, it's possible to create a script to control Ad Group spend, but it's really a much better idea to restructure your Account to make use of AdWords' own tool for controlling spend - the Campaign.  If you try to control Ad Group spend, pretty much all you're doing is restricting the Group from displaying Ads as soon as it reaches that limit.  If you use Campaigns, all the Campaign tools are available to you including the various optimisation bidding strategies.

In the long term, reorganising your structure will give you a much more solid foundation for building and controlling your Account than trying to "fudge" a solution to control a poor structure.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits