Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community,

I have some issue with invalid clicks to my Account and got charged to those clicks.

The scenario is my website was under maintenance for two days and i paused all the campaigns of my account since it was down but when i check my account for next day it shows i got clicks for those two days, I tried reaching Adwords Support team was unable to connect to them so how do i solve this and get paid for the invalid clicks ??

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Harsha,

Have you tried using the chat service with the Google Support team?

Jordan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah @Jordan But no reply..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Harsha,

Honestly I have never seen this kind of situation in the past, where you have paused your campaigns for some days and you still receive clicks out of them.

Best option is to either call AdWords support or send them an email asking for more clarification: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2803989?hl=en&rd=1

Pankaj

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Harsha,

Just following up on this--were you able to get in touch with the AdWords Team to ask them to look into the clicks for you?

Cassie

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Harsha P - what do you mean by "got charged for those clicks?"
Did they get charged for previous days retroactively? After you paused the account? If yes, that can happen due to delay in reporting.
Or did you get charged without actually incurring impressions? As in 0 impressions, but X amount of clicks. This has never happened to me.
Could you clarify?

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Harsha P wrote:

i paused all the campaigns of my account since it was down but when i check my account for next day it shows i got clicks for those two days,

@Harsha P, a thread here:https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/1-impression-2-clicks-billed/td-p/18411# from this very community explains the situation further.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.