3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Image Error When Uploading Flash Ad to Google Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to upload a flash ad to the Google Display Network and I am getting the rather vague error of "Invalid Image." The image is a standard resolution: 300x250, only 57 KB, is a .swf, is 20fps, and has proper clickTAG implementation.

Oddly I made another ad in the same Flash project that was uploaded successfully, but as soon as I change the background image from one with barely any animation to an embedded f4v video it doesn't work.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid Image Error When Uploading Flash Ad to Google Display Netw

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jack V,

Thanks for your post! If the ad in question has a partially black or white background, you might need to add a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad. This will make sure that the ad is clearly distinguishable as an ad, and is separate from the page's content.

I'd also check that you're using a version of Flash that we can support. We support Flash versions 4-10.1 and actionscript code versions 1-3. 

If this doesn't work, you might need to send the image file to the AdWords Support Team who will be able to check it in more detail. 

I hope this helps! 

Rachel