AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Interest to Topic (Display)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently AdWords made a change regards to Interest (you cannot target World Localities anymore) so I used Topics instead to target (World Localities) and after that change my traffic DIED and after 2 months it wont recover.

Just wondering if any one know a fix to it.

Thank you.

Re: Interest to Topic (Display)

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @G3 T,

Welcome to ad-words community,

I am not eligible to see your campaign and it's setting but I would like to know about this time their is any combo is active? like placement + keywords + re-marketing etc.

As experienced, one time I also used more than one targeting option in my display campaign and I have not got any single clicks because use of more than 1 targeting option make campaign as narrow targeted and no click or impression possibilities increase.

So please it one time more.

Second as say: you have not earn more benefits form topic targeting. A reason assume that due to deep topics targeting like "category::Arts & Entertainment>Offbeat>Edgy & Bizarre" you have not find best result

same problem come more time with deep targeted topics that if they have not relate to more audience then not find any results.

Regards

Mohit

Re: Interest to Topic (Display)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No combo (i never combine) I always make 1 ad group for one type of targeting method.

I am selling Long Distance service (for example cheap calls to Pakistan) to many countries. So I used (category::World Localities>Asia>South Asia>Pakistan) in (Interests & remarketing) before the update all worked great but after the update I shifted to Topics using the same formula (category::World Localities>Asia>South Asia>Pakistan) and nothing.

What I did now as a test is increased the CPA converted clicks by 100%, maybe that will help.