2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Interest Categories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google recommended the creation of interest categories for my client's campaign. However, I need information about our chances to earn higher conversions beforeI follow through on the recommendation.

I'm hesitating because the client is a school for emotionally disturbed teenagers. I have to wonder how receptive a parent will be to clicking on an ad for such a school if he or she is browsing for lawn furniture.

Any ideas?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Interest Categories

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Dee F;

I completely agree with you;

As advanced as Google can be, this type of interest is hard to categorize based on a consistent user's browsing behavior/ habits;

I would use topics and placements . (And if you can use managed placements by making a list of leading websites that parents for teenagers browse -that would be better.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

There actually is a topic called "ADD and ADHD" (under Health somewhere, browse the sub-categories and you will see several that might be interesting for you.

/ David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Moshe. Your strategy sounds a lot more promising. I'll share your thoughts with the rest of my team!

Regards,
Dee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, David. I'll check it out.

All the best,
Dee

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

You could try combinations as well. Like a broad interest category such as "Schools" (if there is, can´t remember right now, but I am sure there is somehting similar) AND keywords for contextual matchings, such ADHD.

Give it a try!