AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Interest Categories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google recommended the creation of interest categories for my client's campaign. However, I need information about our chances to earn higher conversions beforeI follow through on the recommendation.

I'm hesitating because the client is a school for emotionally disturbed teenagers. I have to wonder how receptive a parent will be to clicking on an ad for such a school if he or she is browsing for lawn furniture.

Any ideas?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Interest Categories

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Dee F;

I completely agree with you;

As advanced as Google can be, this type of interest is hard to categorize based on a consistent user's browsing behavior/ habits;

I would use topics and placements . (And if you can use managed placements by making a list of leading websites that parents for teenagers browse -that would be better.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

There actually is a topic called "ADD and ADHD" (under Health somewhere, browse the sub-categories and you will see several that might be interesting for you.

/ David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Moshe. Your strategy sounds a lot more promising. I'll share your thoughts with the rest of my team!

Regards,
Dee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, David. I'll check it out.

All the best,
Dee

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

You could try combinations as well. Like a broad interest category such as "Schools" (if there is, can´t remember right now, but I am sure there is somehting similar) AND keywords for contextual matchings, such ADHD.

Give it a try!