AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Insight Into Google Network Search Partner?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have an airline client. Most of the general term campaigns we run see the majority of impressions coming from search partners. I keep seeing queries similar to the one below in the search term report and I am wondering who the partner may be? I am guessing it is some sort of airline aggregator, OTA, etc, but not certain.

flights to las vegas _gt_from_mco _gt_to_las _gt_depart_other _gt_length_short

Thanks for any insight.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Insight Into Google Network Search Partner?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

Although it is not possible to see the exact name of the Google search partner, but yes you can definitely analyze the search terms and see whether the majority of those terms are from Google search or the search partner.

In order to check that, simply select the list of keywords for which you want to do that and then click on Details and Selected. Now once you get the Search Terms details, then segment the data by Network (with search partners). This would help you identify how many terms are from regular google search and how many from partners like this:

Search Terms.png

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

So, you are wondering "who that partner might be?".

You can try this analytics filter as the adwords interface has no current feature to answer to this, except that segmenting of clicks presented above :

http://www.periscopix.co.uk/blog/underused-google-analytics-features-part-eight/

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It's a little old, but I recently found an article on this. Evidently these terms come from Google Flight Search. I thought I would update in case anyone else looks for an answer.