AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Initial Bid Adjustments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone!

How does everyone handle setting device bid adjustments for a brand new campaign?

I'm always a little confused at how I should manage this. In the current example I'm working on 80% of traffic comes through the desktop site. The website is fully responsive though.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Initial Bid Adjustments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Laura,

Do you have separate campaigns set up for different devices or do you have one campaign set up with different ad-groups targeting different devices? Or are you doing it all under one campaign and one ad group?

Kind Regards,

Liam G.

Initial Bid Adjustments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Liam,

Was planning on setting the bid adjustment at a campaign level.

Thanks,

Laura

Initial Bid Adjustments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This works fine! I would recommend setting bid adjustment at campaign level and then for further and much more specific tweaking change bids on a per ad group or per keyword basis, popping into your account once a day purely to do this for around 20 minutes will help keep your bids adjusted and managed correctly. 

This is how I do it, I like to keep a close eye on my bids and how they are changing and how the competition changes per keyword too.

So overall change at campaign level and then further tweak on deeper more specific levels such as ad group or keyword specific bids.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Initial Bid Adjustments

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Laura B,

I would not apply any device bid adjustments for a brand new campaign initially.

To optimize a campaign, there is a need of proper analysis and then making decisions on the basis of results.

Though you usually get 80% traffic from Desktop devices but it does not mean that you will get conversion at lower CPA.

In most of the cases, mobile devices with full browsers yields conversions at a lower CPA.

So, I would recommend to go with bid adjustments after analyzing the data and make changes to get maximum ROI.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Initial Bid Adjustments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Liam!

Initial Bid Adjustments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Great thank you so much for the advice Archit!

Initial Bid Adjustments

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You are welcome!!

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Initial Bid Adjustments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are very welcome Laura! Smiley Happy