AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increasing the average position of my search ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having problem getting the average position of my search ad increased. I have worked on the keyword and also increased the bid for my keword but its position is still showing 0. can anyone give me some tips on how to go about it? Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Increasing the average position of my search ad.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Eeife wrote:

Hello,

I am having problem getting the average position of my search ad increased. I have worked on the keyword and also increased the bid for my keword but its position is still showing 0. can anyone give me some tips on how to go about it? Thanks

Are you sure that the average position is 0?

Reason I am saying this is because generally this metric is between 1-7 for first page of Google and if you don't have any position, that means your ad is yet not appearing on Google search result pages. Refer to this article.

Can you check you campaign settings and see if you are talking about Search Network campaign or Display Network campaign here? Go to campaign settings and see what type of campaign have you selected.

In order to improve the ad position, make sure your keywords have good quality score and you are bidding competitively in order to be in the competition. Read more about it in this reference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Eeife,

Just to add to the Pankaj's spot on Advice, If you do not have idea about biddings and you not sure which cpc's to start with - I have one alternate suggestion for you. You can start your campaign with automatic bidding & judge campaign for a month. After a month you will get a fair idea on bidding, then you can switch your campaign from automatic bidding to manual bidding and can control bids manually in order to maintain good average position.

I do not recommned or myself prefer run campaign for long term with automatic bidding but there is no harm test it for a month or so.

Hope that makes some sense!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

also check if your keywords is showing low search volume message on keyword

you might also want to share the quality score of the keyword with us.