Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increasing returned users if 50% of Goals are from Returning visits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For an account , nearly 50% of the Goal completions come from returning users.

If I am looking at the general cpc generated traffic only 15% of users are returning.

The account is only using search campaigns .

I am planning on using remarketing for search in all ad groups with a bid adjustment of +50% to increase the number of returning visitors.

When the returning visitors become let's say 30% of the traffic would you also expect an increase in the Goal Completions from the returning users , right ?

Re: Increasing returned users if 50% of Goals are from Returning visit

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian,

Good thought. May be you want to consider following more points before you run this test:

1. Check the goal numbers for nonbrand returning users.
  2. May be you want to see if this 50% number changes with change in month , in other words its good to look for seasonal pattern. It may help you in deciding bids and objectives.

I am preassuming that you are talking about Paid (Adwords) traffic only when you said :

"For an account , nearly 50% of the Goal completions come from returning users."

Re: Increasing returned users if 50% of Goals are from Returning visit

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

All Goal completions are from non-brand searches. The brand is not very well known.

Yes I am filtering the traffic only for Paid Search so 50% of Goal completitions are from returning visitors from adwords.

The data is only from the past 3 months but it appears to be a weekly constant. Every week there are some sales tracked by a Goal for reaching the page /checkout/order-received/

I want to add the remarketing list for search for all past visitors from the last 180 days no matter if they converted or not.

The way I see it , if the monthly sales are 30 from new users and 30 from returning users and I manage to double the returning users from 15% to 30% by adding traffic from returning users, I may see next month (Best case scenario) : 30 sales from new users and 60 sales from returning users. Of course reality will be probably 40-50 sales from returning users.

Did anyone experiment such a scenario to measure benefits from boosting returning searches with RLSA in a measurable way ?