AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increasing returned users if 50% of Goals are from Returning visits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For an account , nearly 50% of the Goal completions come from returning users.

If I am looking at the general cpc generated traffic only 15% of users are returning.

The account is only using search campaigns .

I am planning on using remarketing for search in all ad groups with a bid adjustment of +50% to increase the number of returning visitors.

When the returning visitors become let's say 30% of the traffic would you also expect an increase in the Goal Completions from the returning users , right ?

Re: Increasing returned users if 50% of Goals are from Returning visit

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian,

Good thought. May be you want to consider following more points before you run this test:

1. Check the goal numbers for nonbrand returning users.
  2. May be you want to see if this 50% number changes with change in month , in other words its good to look for seasonal pattern. It may help you in deciding bids and objectives.

I am preassuming that you are talking about Paid (Adwords) traffic only when you said :

"For an account , nearly 50% of the Goal completions come from returning users."

Re: Increasing returned users if 50% of Goals are from Returning visit

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

All Goal completions are from non-brand searches. The brand is not very well known.

Yes I am filtering the traffic only for Paid Search so 50% of Goal completitions are from returning visitors from adwords.

The data is only from the past 3 months but it appears to be a weekly constant. Every week there are some sales tracked by a Goal for reaching the page /checkout/order-received/

I want to add the remarketing list for search for all past visitors from the last 180 days no matter if they converted or not.

The way I see it , if the monthly sales are 30 from new users and 30 from returning users and I manage to double the returning users from 15% to 30% by adding traffic from returning users, I may see next month (Best case scenario) : 30 sales from new users and 60 sales from returning users. Of course reality will be probably 40-50 sales from returning users.

Did anyone experiment such a scenario to measure benefits from boosting returning searches with RLSA in a measurable way ?