Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increased my max CPC, but the "Max CPC" column still says "Auto $1.00"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like the title says, I increased my max CPC in the settings of my campaign, but the "Max CPC" column still says "Auto $1.00". I waited overnight to see if it was just a data update/display issue, and I went back in to the setting today to verify that I had in fact increased my max CPC, but the "Max CPC" column still says "Auto $1.00". Am I doing something wrong? I verified that my increased CPC should be applying to 100% of my keywords. I only have one campaign. Is this happening because I am using automated bidding to maximize clicks?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul N
August 2016

Re: Increased my max CPC, but the "Max CPC" column still says "Auto $1.00"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

>>> Is this happening because I am using automated bidding to maximize clicks? <<<

Bingo, Paul. Yup, it is. You hit the nail on the head on your own. Under any of the automated bid strategies, setting bids is controlled by special algorithms and you lack the opportunity to override it.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul N
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

>>> Is this happening because I am using automated bidding to maximize clicks? <<<

Bingo, Paul. Yup, it is. You hit the nail on the head on your own. Under any of the automated bid strategies, setting bids is controlled by special algorithms and you lack the opportunity to override it.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I find that intriguing since the interface allows me to both set auto bidding while also allowing me to set a max CPC above $1.00. It seems that Google is smart enough to grey out or withhold other features that are dependent on a specific setting. I suppose I will have to change my bid strategy to manual....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>> ... I find that intriguing... <<<

It is a bit. (No one is perfect, neither is AdWords.)