AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increase the Number of Clicks, Impressions and Conversions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I’m handling Adwords campaign and after penguin update (on 4th October 2013) the number of impressions and clicks are gone down drastically for contextual campaign – thus the number of conversions.

Can you please help me understand the cause? -- would highly appreciate if you would be able to give the solutions for the same.

Also, I’m looking to increase the number of impressions and clicks for overall campaign (including all networks like Search and Display) since last 2 weeks – Unfortunately, it is not working for me.

I have also started Display network ad campaign based on keywords (in last week) and not able to generate more number of impressions and clicks. I would like to know the other sources/ channels to generate more number of clicks and impressions as well as how can i  generate more clicks with the current display network campaign.

I hope you will understand and will help me to get the solutions.

Best Regards,

Suyog Shirke

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase the Number of Clicks, Impressions and Conversions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I would request you to all please answer my question mentioned in previous message.

I'm awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Suyog 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Suyog,

-----------------------------------------
I’m handling Adwords campaign and after
penguin update (on 4th October 2013) the
number of impressions and clicks are gone down
drastically for contextual campaign – thus the
number of conversions.
Can you please help me understand the cause? --
would highly appreciate if you would be able to
give the solutions for the same.
-----------------------------------------------
You need to check which are the placements that you have seen the impression is going down.
Compare you placement reports with older report.

if you'hv done any changes in your campaigns so that your Impression started decreasing...You can check this on Change history.

If you have not do any change in your campaigns then do a trend analysis. what is the time when your products keywords have low search volumes. you can use the google trends for this:-
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#cmpt=q

----------------------------------------------
I have also started Display network ad campaign
based on keywords (in last week) and not able to
generate more number of impressions and clicks.
I would like to know the other sources/ channels
to generate more number of clicks and
impressions as well as how can i generate more
clicks with the current display network campaign.
-----------------------------------------------
If you have your diaplay campaign new and not getting enough impression, use both test and banner ads, Increase your bid.

In order to reach the alternate channels, you can use placement targeting, topics targeting in google display network, based on requirement.

Please follow the below link to learn more about different targeting options in GDN:-

http://www.google.co.in/ads/displaynetwork/manage-your-ads/targeting-tools.html

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you again for the answer.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Did this help you sort your problem? I can help with general strategic ideas that will broaden the scope of your campaigns whilst retaining the customer interest.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Gemma,

Not really - would be appreciate if could give your thoughts as well.

Thanks,
Suyog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Okay, so let's start with two things Google can't mess about with - in any way. Your ads and your landing pages (and subsequent messaging/contact/sales).

Remember that Google's stated aim is quality content/experience (in rough terms at least). Their aim now is to make more money. That's sad, but that's life in a recession with the shareholders baying for bigger dividends. Or whoever it is that's twisting Google's tail.

You need to improve your ads and you need to improve your landing pages. Doing so will improve your CTR. As mentioned elsewhere, Google charges you one penny more than the guy advertising beneath you. Or thereabouts. Whatever it is, if you have a 6% CTR and they have a 1.5% CTR - you are getting 4x the traffic. That means you'll pay roughly 1/4 of what your next lowest competitor is being charged.

How to do it: there will be something about your product that's mildly controversial. I'm a marketer and marketing's controversial enough and means there are plenty of opportunities to stand out. Because most people advertising are intent on sending you to sleep. That is to say, it's all "we're selling something". Getting controversial is already one step towards your customer - and in doing so you'll attract attention - and clicks.

Improving your sales funnel - the stages through your automated process before purchase - can be improved to reflect the needs of people visiting your site. This isn't for Google's quality controls, it's simply to make it easier for them to buy - and the simplest way to work out what this is, is to look at where they go and why. Split testing each stage of your funnel will have a dramatic effect on your sales. Doubling sales is pretty easy; multiplying them by 10x is pretty hard but not impossible. More to the point, all this work on your funnel is done with your current levels of traffic that Google's sending you.

Does this say anything to you? Have you any thoughts on this, because I can get detailed (but would need a little more info on your product).