AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increase positions of a adgroup with target CPA bidding

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have just turned one of my campaign to Target CPA bidding(Campaign level). It has around 14 adgroups. Not all the adgroups generated 15 leads in last 30 days. However , the campaign has generated 66 leads in last 30 days. Target CPA started giving me leads with decent conv.rate and cost/lead.

Here my concern is , two of my important ad group's from that same campaign , their avg position dropped to 4 - 5.1. Not even shown on first page results.

Is there any best practices to improve their position for those particular adgroups without changing the bidding strategy?

Thanks,
B.Dhivya.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase positions of a adgroup with target CPA bidding

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi B.Dhivya,

I will recommend to create more relevant Text Ads (at least 3 to 4 ads including keywords in the ads). Paused non performing ads from those ad groups. Cross check Search Term report and exclude irrelevant keywords.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Increase positions of a adgroup with target CPA bidding

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
To me, as long as the number of conversion is on the rise, positions should not matter. Moreover, if you have switched recently to CPA, I would advise you to give it some time without making major changes to campaigns. Machine learning may take some time to study past performance properly. Making frequent updates confuses it.

My two cents.

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.