AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increase in daily budget, impressions drop off a cliff after week one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have a PPC campaign running and have increased the daily budget, the first weeks performance rocketed in terms of conversions but move onto week two and beyond and clicks and conversions are down >30% are still falling. This happened in February as well with no positive outcome from anyone at Google Support.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can you help?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Assuming you have not reduced after increasing the budget. 

I would not suggest you look into account and campaigns but you should look the external factors.

Have you checked the external factors? Have you checked the search trends in Google trend and Keywords planner after Feb. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, there is nothing that would suggest a dip in the potential search volume and we did not experience this seasonally last year. It is most frustrating and also very concerning.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Add these columns and see if the numbers are lower

Columns > Modify Columns > Competitive Metrics

Search Impression Share

Search Lost IS (rank)

Search Lost IS (budget)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

The columns give me the following numbers:

Search Impression Share - 29.14%

Search Lost IS (rank) - 52.26%

Search Lost IS (budget) - 18.60%

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Now, you have to compare these data month on month basis. See, if you see any drop in Search Impression share.

In addition of that, you should look the audience insight report and compare month on month basis.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’