AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increase in CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, what is the reason for the increase in CPC. Before I used to get more leads with less CPC and now I get less leads with a higher CPC. The campaign budget is more or less the same.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase in CPC

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,
Kunal,
It is not necessary to get more clicks/leads by increasing your CPC and you might have changed some other parameters as well apart from increasing CPC like ad text or keywords or match types or anything else and if not,still increasing CPC may not get you more leads,I would suggest you to use bid estimator for better bids and for better understanding watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-lHuwb1u2o  and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStNy_PImyQ
Thank you,
I hop it helps you. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. I see my average CPC has increased tremendously as compared to previous month. i need to find out that reason. No changes have been done in the campaign.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Check out the videos.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Good morning, Kunal P.

I would also recommend that you do some account analysis. For instance, check the search queries you were getting previously against those you are getting now. It may be that you are pulling searches now that you did not pull before. If the new searches are ones you don't want, you should be able to block most of them using negative keywords.

You might also want to check the competitive landscape. It's very possible that you have new competitors in your field--or that your previous competitors have improved their advertising and that you're going to need to change to match.

If you run & keep any keyword reports so that you have comparative quality score data, you can also compare your current average quality scores against those the same keywords had a month or so ago. If your quality scores are dropping, you're going to have to pay more to achieve the same average ad positioning.

Basically, you need to dig into your account and your industry online and figure out for yourself what changed--and how you can manage your own campaign(s) to adapt.

If you come up with specific questions, please post again!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*