Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increase conversion for travel site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have a website selling tours Vietnam and run Adwords. My average CTR is about 3.75% position is 3.8 but My conversion rate is very low (about 2% or lower)

I run also run a campaign on others tour sites too but the conversion is seen quite good. Is that the problem the competition is too high? Any suggestion for strategy with this issue

Thank you for all helps

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase conversion for travel site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Van,

Welcome to the community!

1. Can you please share your landing page URL?
2. Are you running ads on both search & content networks.
3. Are you using both text and image ads?
4. Are you using remarketing?

Deepak

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Van,

I suggest you go through following action items. I am sure this will help you improve results.

1) Are you including targeted keywords in your ad text?
2) Have you checked the relevance of your landing page with your ad text and targeted keywords?
3) What kind of landing page you have? have you created a new one or taking visitors to the old home page?
4) And what kind of network targeting are you using? Are you targeting both search and display network?

I hope a small revision to these questions may help you solve your problem.

Kapil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you guys for replying me

I run my campaign for half of years, targeting on Search network only plus with one single campaign for Remarketing. I did quite lots of optimization such as negative keywords added, dynamic headlines insertion, my keywords list is combined of broad match and exact match, extensions with sitelinks, call, place extensions, ect

I sent my visitors to my product lists and some adgroups to my product details. My website is vietnamtour.com and all keywords are about vietnam tours, vietnam packages tour, vietnam tours operator, vietnam itineraries 12 days ect ect. My QS score is from 7-10. I receive just about 16 -20 conversion per month, much lower than expected (thats about 30-35, as my experience)

I am struggling with this very hard, I did quite lots but things have not worked out. Seem I still haven't worked enough. Do I miss anything to to, is this market too competitive? do you guys have any ideas/stretagy for such market segment?

I welcome for any suggestion and comments? thank you very much

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
1) Choose Some negative keywords as conversion rate is low it means unwanted traffic is coming.
2) Put Some keywords on exact match
3) Remove keywords having lower CTR
4) Increase Relevancy of ads,landing page.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

What do you constitute as a conversion?
Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Van,

Google Display Network is a great place to get conversion for travel sites.

Contextual campaigns can help you to reach website where Vietnam related information is available (people tend to research a lot about the place they want to visit, and ads in those websites can help you in a great way)

Once you start the display network campaign optimize it by excluding low converting placements and mobile apps.

Another great advantage is that your average CPC will be much lower in display network. This will help you to attract more people to your website and later this traffic will help you to get more conversion from your remarketing campaigns.

Also try good image ads on display network if you are already not using them.

Once you find a good number of converting website from the display network, later you can start a specific placement campaign with them.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190596?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak