4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Increase CTR and spend more of my budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to get my CTR better and I want to spend more of my budget. I have a lot left over each month. Any useful tips after implementing capitalized first letters, call to action, adding negative keywords? I'm focusing on mostly localized traffic.

Secondly, I'm trying to market a chiropractor clinic, but I'm not sure how I could use the Keyword{Insertion} tool to word things so they make sense when they show up.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase CTR and spend more of my budget

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Joshy,

How are your campaigns currently targeted in terms of geography and bidding strategy?

I would geotarget the specific area or city that you are focusing on and that way you can run broader "find a chiropractor" type of keywords without having to use the location in the keyword. Broader terms without geo-modifiers will likely have higher search volume. I would still run the geo-modified keywords such as "find a chiropractor in Chicago", as well.

Have you tried dynamic insertion in your ads? That typically helps increase CTR. How's your position and impression share by rank? What match types are you currently using? One way to increase spend would be to add in broader terms, like modified broad, although it may hurt your CTR.

Hope this helps!
Amy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello Joshy,

Geo-targeting will help you improve your overall CTR. As @Amy suggested you can use both location specific keywords and keywords without location names in them.

About keyword insertion, you may refer the explanation here
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Thanks
Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If that were to be a different service,  I would recommend RLSA or the  "classic Re-marketing".  But those are  not allowed for campaigns which could reveal medical condition.
What about expanding to Search with display select?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshy,

I tend to find that the largest gains in CTR come from ad testing, provided your targeting options and normal optimisations (SQR analysis etc) are occurring.

I would make sure that your ad rotation settings are set to rotate evenly and then make sure you have 2/3 different ad variations in every ad group. Ensure that your ad groups are tightly themed in order for higher relevance in your ads.

When someone searches for a term that is an ad group (any term in that ad group) the ad that they trigger should speak to them. Ensure that there is no cross matching between your ad groups,so if you have a particular term in one ad group then a broad match in another ad group is not triggering that search query to give a less relevant ad.

But back to the ad testing. Constantly try various ways of phrasing your ad copy. Best practices are a place to start but remember they are not the beginning and the end. Try a CTA, try value propositions or unique selling points. Tell the user why you are the best, or should use you. Tell them what they are going to get.

If you are only finding slight improvements then I would suggest thinking outside the box. Go with something that you shouldn't normally do. Try a variation of humour or stark honesty/scare tactic. These types of things can work from time to time as they tend to stand out quiet a lot from the rest.

Perform analysis on your competitors ads, chances are they are ad testing and are onto something that has a higher CTR than usual. Do not copy them verbatim but use their ads to get a feel for what works and start there.

Ad Copy is a large beast to tackle but luckily there are plenty of resources out there, so I suggest buckling down for a bit of reading and then getting stuck into ad testing.

Good Luck