5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Included locations

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

If I have included locations do I also have to add excluded locations as well?
For example I only want to target USA and USA. Do I need to put rest of the rest in my excluded locations?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Included locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Sayem,

No, there is no need to add excluded locations if you have targeted a country/region. It is not practical. As thus you would like to exclude entire world but USA Smiley Happy

However, if you want to be more strict in targeting, you can choose People in my targeted location in the Target section. Shown below - 

Campaign Management.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Included locations

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Sayem

No u dont have to. Only included locations will be targeted in any campaign. But in location advanced settings if you choose "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location" your ad will be displayed to people who outside targeted country but using the google domain of targeted country.

Eg - You target UK and use advanced settings of "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location" in this scenario someone in australia used google.co.uk to search your ad may appear.