AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Inadequate budget of my new campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone.

I'm responsible for an Adwords campaign launched a week ago here in Germany, and was asked to retain the budget at under 160 euros per day. Right now, the campaign pretty much hits that limit around noon time(the campaign is target geographically in Germany) everyday. I reviewed the all searching terms and it seemed that majority of the clicks are coming relevant keywords. For my most popular keywords(which takes up around 75% of all clicks), the max CPC were set to almost identical to the suggested 'first page bid' by Google, so there's not too much I could do to adjust the max. CPC per say. In that case, is there anything else I can do, to potentially improve the number of clicks, or CTR(right now it's at around 0.5%, but has been steadily increasing in the past several days)?

Unfortunately there's not that much I can do (at least within recent couple weeks) to improve the website landing page.

Any recommendation is appreciated! Thank you in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Inadequate budget of my new campaign

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The campaign hits the limit around noon time, it indicates that you are using "Accelerated" delivery method, you can switch to "Standard" delivery to distribute the budget across the entire day.

0.5% CTR is abit low , especially if you are targeting the search network. You have to work on improving quality score that will lower your bids and increase your ad position. Please go over the following articles which has some great tips to improve quality score:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Quality-Score-The-Magical-amp-Mysterious-Metri...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Ahmed, I'm unsure about the "accelerated method" part you mentioned. From https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043, it suggested the standard campaign don't have the ad delivery method option

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
You are quite right, so you have to switch to "All features" campaign type to see everything about your campaign and have more features and more control over your campaign settings.

It's not recommend to use the standard type except If you prefer a simpler overview of your campaign and feature options.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

If the budget is exhausted early in the day,  together with low CTR,  this indicates irrelevant impressions,

Review keywords  and remove keywords that only trigger the ad with no clicks or hardly any clicks.

I suspect that you use broad match. This broad match  type tends to trigger the ad against  irrelavent search queries. I would recommend to use BMM.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Hugo,

I agree with Moshe on this one. It sounds like you're advertising in a popular industry, so review your keywords to improve CTR.

I'd also recommend looking into ad scheduling. If you look at the Dimensions tab, you'll see the Hour of Day report. You may want to schedule your ads to stop at certain times (i.e. during the night), to save budget for busier times of the day. 

Hope this helps!