AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

In the keyword tool how can I see local searches for my city?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Google keyword tool, how can I see the amount of local searches just for one city. At the moment I see Global and Local but Local is showing how many monthly searches in the USA. Is there a way to change this to a city? Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NIgel
September 2015

Re: In the keyword tool how can I see local searches for my city?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi NIgel,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Unfortunately you can only select a country in keyword tool.

Please use Traffic estimator tool if you want city specific details. You can get details like daily clicks, impressions & average position of your ads, once you specify your daily budget and Max CPC that you are ready to pay.

Select your desired city as location (check the top portion of the traffic estimator tool page)

Hope this helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nlgel,

You can't have city specific results from Google Keyword Research Tool. It shows results country specific.

As "Info" said, rather you can go with Traffic Estimator tool to find city specific results.

Thanks!

Anand

Anand Vishwakarma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for the help. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, you can search via city - here is a link to an article I came across yesterday - and right now if you log into you Keyword Tool - at the top it gives you an option to try the new KEYWORD PLANNER ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wouldnt allow me to add a link but if you just search Hot For Local NEW google Keyword Planner you should be able to find the article

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Christopher L;
Correct; but this feature was added only last month, with the introduction of the new "keyword planner", (that includes also local searches). The answer given by "info", was the correct one, at  time the original question was asked....Adwords is dynamic... Smiley Wink

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’