AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

In-spite of having quality score as 7 or 8 ads are not showing and giving error as low ad rank?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

keywords having low quality score showing ads, and not some of higher one?

1 Expert replyverified_user

In-spite of having quality score as 7 or 8 ads are not showing and giving error as low ad rank?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Quality Score does not necessarily equate to how frequently an ad will be shown.  Ads are shown when search terms match to keywords; when there is adequate budget; when the campaign schedule is active; the geo targeting matches; and other criteria are met. 

The biggest factor determining whether an ad is shown, of course, is the volume of search terms being entered.  Some search terms simply have little volume within the targeted geography. 

Quality Score is a measure of how relevant your ad and landing page are, to the keyword.  It impacts your ad's rank, and the cost of clicks. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Higher the bid and the budget;

A good metric which could help how you understand  performances  based on rank and budget is "impression share"

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: In-spite of having quality score as 7 or 8 ads are not showing and giving error as low ad rank?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe and Steve, but as it is happening for most of my keywords I am loosing clicks, how to improve this. See below the screenshot for what actually I am facing.

Untitled1.jpg

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not certain because your screenshot doesn't show the column headers, but it appears you have not structured your ad groups tightly enough. For example, the broad match keyword 'data entry services' should be in a separate ad group than the back offices keywords, and should have ad copy which is closely related - preferably, containing the keyword. The 'back office' keywords should either be in an ad group with their own ad copy, or (better) they should each have their own ad group. 

Be warned, though that quality score takes time to settle - sometimes up to 2 weeks.  So if you restructure your ad groups, you may take a setback for a while.  And their is no _guarantee_ that you will end up with better results.  It is highly likely, but whenever you split ad groups on keywords which already have good quality scores, you are taking small risks. 

Keep in mind, a keyword with a quality score of 7 can have low Ad Rank.  Note your average ad position is 2.2.  There are other advertisers, in some auctions, which have a higher (ad rank * bid product) than you.  

Broad match keywords are going to match up to a very wide variety of search terms.  I would be keeping an eye on what search terms 'data entry services' is matching up to.  Even with high CTRs, you could be matching to a lot of traffic which will never convert, because the matches are so broad. 

Finally, in my experience Google may be "a little sloppy" with the low ad rank warning.  I see it all the time on keywords which are performing exceptionally well.  It is better to rely upon other metrics which are measured over time, e.g. CTR, avg position, and conversion rate. 

hth

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Actually do the Ad Preview and Diagnosis for this term. What do you see then?

Tom